Security of your website is necessary for your secure business and reputation
WordPress security is highly important for every website owner. Each week, Google blacklists around 20,000 websites for malware and around 50,000 for phishing. If you are serious about your website, then you need to pay attention to the WordPress security best practices.
A hacked WordPress site can cause serious damage to your business revenue and reputation. Hackers can steal user information, passwords, install malicious software, and can even distribute malware to your users.
This is the reason you need to keep your wordpress website secure and take necessary steps to make it reliable. The steps are as follows :
- Use strong password for your WP-admin login
- Update your wordpress in specific interval
- Also, update themes/plugins time to time
- Remove plugins and themes that you don’t use
- Use Authentications key in WP-config
- Give proper File and folder permissions
- Disable Themes/Plugin Editor
- Secure your HTAccess file
- Ban bad users
- Prevent Image Hotlinking
- Disable FTP and SFTP
These easy steps will help you in protecting your WordPress website
Apart from that backup of your website is the most advisable habit. Because, Backups are your first defense against any WordPress attack. Remember, nothing is 100% secure. Backups allow you to quickly restore your WordPress site in case something bad was to happen.
You can save and protect your websites by following these easy steps.